What is VESI?
Virtual Environment for Support and Integration (VESI) is a platform for communication of TESI users. It is created within the framework of the project “TESI – Adaptive Personalized System for Creating Expression Tools in Social Inclusion of Learners with Verbal Communication Disabilities”. The project focuses on social integration of children with verbal communication disorder (children with Down syndrome, intellectual disabilities, speech and language impairment, autism). The main goal of the project is creation of adaptive, affordable and easy-to-use software application, called TESI Tool (to download the application use the links below). The software uses expressive objects that help these children to express themselves, support their interaction with parents and teachers.
VESI provides an opportunity for expressive objects renewal, feedback on TESI Tool functionality and upgrade, and the use of previous good practices in mobile devices, QRC technology, and developed software solutions for working with Autistic children. VESI enables TESI users to communicate, share their social inclusion issues, support and be supported, and receive information. Finally, what is even more important is that VESI allows us to upscale the use of TESI towards other target groups of users falling into different age category, social profile, and field of application: training for non-language learners (migrants, minorities), literacy programs, etc.
- JKU19 students (future teachers) from Jan Kochanowski university in Kielce worked using the TESI tool with 19 preschool and early school children, which corresponds to the specialization of students (future teachers). As part of their practice, other activities related to the field of study and institutions with which cooperation was initiated, students were required to …
- Our experience in using TESI tool in communication with children with autism – Scoala Gimnaziala Speciala Sf. Mina Craiova (MINA), RomaniaS-MINA 13 Marius is a 5 years old kindergarten boy, with atypical autism. At the time of integration into the classroom, the child had difficulties in verbal communication. The child does not establish relationships with colleagues, is disturbed by loud noises. He presents difficulties in communication and fails to interact with the others, being hard …
- Using TESI Tool in refugee camps- ASEDDEDIPE, GreeceOn April 23, we visited the camp in the city of Kavala that hosts refugees from Syria and other countries. We presented to the educational manager our program and showed the application on the tablet and mobile phone. The officer was really excited because one of the biggest problems faced in this particular case is …
What is TESI Tool?
TESI Tool consists of two end-user applications:
· A mobile application for users with communication difficulties (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.tesi.tool&hl=bg)
· A web-based application for carers – parents and professionals (https://tesitool.azurewebsites.net)
How to use TESI Tool?
The document below gives you a detailed user-guide how to use TESI Software and some recommendations for practice.